Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dreyer's Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Review

I am completely obsessed with ice cream.Plus as I have said before, I love single serving sizes of things. So I adore the little cups of Dreyer's ice cream.  
This is Dreyer's Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and you get 5.8 oz of ice cream for 190 calories. It is about the size of a scoop of ice cream.

The color is just as it appears on the carton, a pale green, just enough to tel you know it is mint flavor and not enough to make you feel like you are eating food coloring. 
The flavor is a perfect mint as it is not too cooling that it gets yucky. It is a mellow sweet mint. 
The ice cream is super smooth with chips that were little shavings of chocolate. There are a lot of them, but they are teeny.

Pros: Single serving cup, lower calories than other ice creams, and they really hit the mint chocolate chip favor on the nose.
Cons: The chips could be a tad larger.

Taste: 10/10
Texture: 8/10
Amount for calories: 9/10 (This is considerably less than other ice cream brands I have seen.)
Total: 9/10

I have recently have stocked my freezer with these, and am going to check out more flavors as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment