Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Spring Break Day 2

This morning I had to chuckle when I looked in the cupboard for mug for tea and I saw this...
My kitty, Marty, has yet again scouted out a chocolatey snack.

The first end of this Three Musketeers bar was all crinkled like he really was having a hard time, but it looked like he gave up and went for the other end.
Bingo! He got a hole in it and nibbled away. (You may not be able to tell but there is a pretty big dent taken out of here.)

After, I wanted something a little different this morning after having too much of my homemade granola in the past few days, so my mom took me to Starbucks. (Again, always with my mommy...)
Man I love their breakfast. I chose the Reduced Fat Turkey Bacon Sandwich as always (with white cheddar cheese, egg whites, and a wheat english muffin).

The only problem is that these do not keep me full for very long, not much does.
So I was happy to remember that we got a half dozen bagels at Einstein's yesterday.
My favorites are the asiago (which I ended up leaving at my sister's house), 9-grain (also at sister's), and chocolate chip (which my dad ate).
So my only option was the honey whole wheat. It was not very good, kind of had a weird tang. But, I still ate it because I love a freshly toasted bagel with a mug of hot Starbucks tea.

After a Trader Joe's run this afternoon, I decided to try something new for dinner.

It was a fully cooked Trader Joe's chicken breast, Uncle Ben's original ready rice, and La Choy sweet and sour sauce.

Once I heated it all up, it was to die for! Simple, tasty, and much healthier than deep fried Chinese food  from a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment