Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Kellogg's FiberPlus Antioxidants Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar Review

Gotta love granola bars! However, the typical chewy bar can get kind of boring, so I like to try all kinds to keep myself from getting bored. Today I tried a FiberPlus Antioxidants Chocolate Chip Chewy Bar for the first time.


With this, you get a 1.2 oz bar for 120 calories, plus fiber!
When I first opened the bar, I saw that it was the typical sticky granola mix bar, with a chocolate layer on the bottom, a drizzle on top, and some mini chips. The texture was exactly what it looks like as it was chewy, but not to chewy that my jaw would hurt, plus the chocolate chips actually provided a little crunch.
Looking at the bar, I was expecting a very sweet but bland oaty flavor, with not much chocolate taste (as that is what I have found in the past with bars similar to this, as well as some bars of this same brand). But I was caught off guard. It had a dominant chocolate taste that was actually quite lovely. It tasted like a candy bar instead of a breakfast style granola bar.

Pro: Lots of chocolate, not too chewy, and it was candy like.
Con: Just another chewy style granola bar and it was too sweet for the morning.

Taste: 8/10
Texture: 7/10
Quantity for calories: 8/10
Overall: 8/10

Overall, this bar was delightfully sweet and serve as a wonderful afternoon pick me up, but this is not a good option if you want to break out from the basic granola bar.


No comments:

Post a Comment