Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Dreyer's Slow Churned Cookies 'n Cream Ice Cream Review

Yet another single serving cup of Dreyer's Ice Cream!!!

This one is Cookies 'n Cream flavor for 190 calories.

Cookies and cream ice cream used to be my favorite, especially when there was big chunks of cookie (I am more into cookie dough now). I have had all different brands but never Dreyer's before.

When I opened the cup I was nervous because it looked similar to Skinny Cow's (made by the same company) cookies and cream ice cream which was bland and just tasted like ice cream with a gritty texture.
Well, my first bite was kind of gritty, but as I kept eating, there was actually several larger pieces of cookies and cream. Only about a quarter of my spoonfuls had a real bite of cookie in it.

Pros: When I spooned a nice crunchy bite.
Cons: The bites without large cookie was pretty gritty.

Taste: 8/10
Texture: 6/10
Amount for calories: 9/10 Dreyer's is always pretty good about having a "light" load.
Overall: 7/10

I did not love this flavor of Dreyer's so I think I will stick to their Mint Chocolate Chip and Rocky Road. For cookies and cream in the future, it would be worth it to drive to Baskin Robbins for a scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment