Saturday, March 9, 2013

Red Baron Singles Deep Dish 4 Cheese Pizza Review

Today I decided to buy and try Red Baron Singles Deep Dish 4 Cheese Pizza 
In a box you get two pizza, and a serving is one 410 calorie pizza.

At first glance, it looks like a typical frozen pizza, with a few different colors of cheese pieces, and some kind of seasoning. It is rather small at about a 6 inch diameter.
The box says you can microwave it with the cardboard crisp tray, or you can bake in in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. I chose the oven because whenever I do microwave with these types of pizzas, they are always undercooked tasting.
When I took it out after 20 minutes, the cheese had puffed up tall and the sides were dark and crispy (the bottom was still really light, but it felt crispy and I didn't want to overdo it). It smelled like a typical frozen pizza, which is hard to explain, I guess the closest relation is a grilled cheese smell.

When I took a bite, the crust of the edges were sharp and hurt the roof of my mouth. The cheese was alright, but it was not as cheesy as you would imagine a 4 cheese pizza being. Also, the sauce was bland and there was a lot of it. However, the crust on the interior of the pizza was wonderful. The bottom had a crunch, but above it was soft and chewy. 

Pros: The interior crust and the single serving size.
Cons: The cheese and sauce did not taste very cheesy and saucy.

Taste: 4/10
Texture: 6/10 The interior crust was nice but the edge crust and sauce was not.
Amount for calories: 8/10 Although not big, it was filling.
Overall: 7/10

The individual pizza is great for when I just want to heat something up for myself and not do a whole lot to prepare, but next time I am definitely going to try a different brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment