Thursday, March 7, 2013

Archer Farms Pecan Sticky Bun Granola Review

This is a granola that I found at Target that I decided to give a try.
Archer Farms Pecan Sticky Bun Granola.
A serving is 2/3 of a cup (56 grams) for 250 calories. This is how much the serving is.
When you look at this granola, you may notice that it does not look as oaty as a normal granola. It really seems to have more of a majority of cereal pieces.
However, it does has quite big clumps which is wonderful. But for being called Pecan Sticky Bun, there are not many pecans, I only found two small pieces in my whole bowl.
When I took a bite, I was surprised by how sweet it was, it actually kind of had the flavor of a sticky but glaze. It was wonderful, but I wish there were more pecans to balance it out.
The look of it did not deceive me though as it tasted more like cereal pieces than an oaty granola. It was more crispy that it was crunchy, which was different than what I am used to, but it was still quite good because of the large clumps. I have not tried it with milk yet, but I think that it would soak up milk delightfully and be a very good match.

Pros: Perfectly sweet flavor and plenty of chunks.
Cons: Needs more pecans and was a lot of calories for such a small bowl.

Taste: 9/10 Cinnamony sweet.
Texture: 9/10 Crispy crunch.
Amount for calories: 6/10
Overall: 8/10

I could eat the whole bag in one sitting, however I would have to throw in a few nuts to tone it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment