Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Mom's B-day

So yesterday was my mom's birthday which means fun for all of the family.
We had a great day going out for pizza for lunch, to Nordstrom Rack, Goodwill, and more.
Along with birthdays means trying some new recipes in our house. Neither of these were anything creative, just classics, but I still thought I would share.
My sister made some red velvet cupcakes.


They were the simple red velvet with cream cheese frosting and some sprinkle sugar. I have only ever had store bought red velvet and always thought they were dry, however these were wonderful. Definitely going to stick to homemade in the future.

Then I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.



They were sweet, chewy and made the house smell warm and cinnamony all day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment